Saturday, March 27, 2010

Copyright Infringement

One of the more prevalent/funnier parts of the Middle East is the mass amounts of pirating and copyright infringement that you encounter. You'll be walking through the super market and you see a blurry picture of 1976 Mickey Mouse on a yogurt carton and you know that the Arabic company that made it did not pay for that 1976 Mickey Mouse picture. It's really funny to see all these old cartoons that I used to watch as a kid, I've seen Mickey Mouse, Tom & Jerry, I think Thundercats one time which just threw me off. I also saw a commercial where you could win a new Chevy Camaro and the entire commercial was pirated from Transformers.
I also bought 6 pirated DVDs a few weeks ago for 5 JD (about 7 bucks). I got Boondock Saints 2, 2012, Ninja Assassin, Dark Knight, Wolfman, and Legion. It's usually a hit or miss with pirated DVDs but my friends said they found a legit place which I think I'll be heading to soon. I faced a few problems with my DVDs since I bought them off the street. Ninja Assassin was blank, Wolfman was in Spanish, 2012 was muted for the last 20 minutes, and Legion was slightly diagonal the entire time but if you lay down while watching it, it's perfect. Dark Knight and Boondock Saints 2 are the best except every once in a while, you see a person stand up in front of the screen and walk out of the theater; it's not bad though, it's like I'm at the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment